Three Great Questions to Ask a Realtor When Buying or Selling Your Home
Buying or selling a home is both an exciting and stressful adventure. Will you find your dream home? Will your home fulfill someone else’s dream?
If it feels a little overwhelming, that’s normal. That’s why partnering with a Realtor from The Landings Company is such a smart decision. As a buyer, you’ll have a dedicated realtor with local expertise who will help you find your perfect home. As a seller, you’ll find that other real estate companies in Savannah, Georgia, can’t compete with our local real estate knowledge.
That said, you likely still have questions. The good news? We have answers.
Here are a few questions to ask a realtor when selling your home. These are questions we hear regularly at The Landings Company, as well as the answers we provide.
1. What will you do to market my house?
We are big proponents of listing on the MLS, but we don’t think that is the only effective tool out there.
Other marketing items to ask about:
- Photographs – Photographs are the single most important aspect of the marketing process. Since you’re already paying your realtor to market your home, it’s normally their responsibility to provide a professional photographer to make sure it’s shown in the best light possible. Some professional photographers will even provide real estate drone video and photos.
- Social Media – Social media platforms, like Instagram and Facebook, are crucial tools in real estate. These platforms enable agents to market properties, showcase virtual tours, and engage with a wide audience of potential buyers and sellers. The platforms also help establish brand identity, share market insights and foster connections.
- Staging – We’ll want to dress your house to make it stand out. Most agents will offer a professional staging service. If your home is vacant, you should inquire about the use of a virtual staging service.
2. What are the neighborhoods like?
At The Landings, you’re not just buying a home, you’re becoming part of a community. We have more information about the qualities of every neighborhood in The Landings. If you’re wondering what questions to ask a realtor when buying a home, start by asking yourself, What do you want your neighborhood to be?
As you consider your answer, think of things like:
- Lifestyle: Are you a boater or perhaps a pickleball enthusiast? Or simply enjoy an active lifestyle of jogging or biking? Then The Landings is meant for you. Our 6,300 acres is organized into seven distinct neighborhoods. From six world-class championship golf courses to tons of pickleball, tennis and bocce courts to walking/biking paths to two marinas, there’s something for every active lifestyle.
- Community: Welcoming to both empty nesters and young families with children alike, The Landings feels like home quickly. New Neighbors, a community organization that connects new residents to 80+ clubs and groups, will make sure you have ample opportunity to meet your neighbors, develop new friendships, and enjoy a rich mixture of social events at The Landings and in downtown Savannah. With hundreds of activities annually, you’ll feel right at home sooner than you could imagine.
- Safety: Gated communities, such as The Landings, provide peace of mind. It’s comforting to know that when you’re out for an early morning jog or a late-night stroll you’re among neighbors you likely know by name. Gated communities also are bound to have less traffic. People driving in their own neighborhood may be more likely to obey speed limits, respect stop signs, and generally adhere to traffic laws. This makes for a safer environment for pedestrians and bicyclists, as well as children playing nearby.
3. Do I need to get a home inspection?
Resoundingly, we say “yes!” when asked this question. A home inspection discovers any faults in the property or safety hazards that a potential buyer may face. The most common issues found are water damage or leaky roofs. According to Porch.com, 86% of people who had a home inspection conducted found at least one issue.
A home inspection also:
- Detects other structural issues or defects: It may identify material defects in the property’s roof, or walls and basement. You can also uncover pest infestations or problems in mechanical and electrical systems.
- Helps when negotiating price: In multiple cases where issues were found after a home inspection, buyers were able to negotiate a lower sale price.
There are also other “specialized” inspections that can be done at an additional price and later time. Those include checking for asbestos, radon, lead-based paint, termites or mold.
It is the buyer’s responsibility to get a home inspection, which usually ranges from $300–500.
The Landings Company has you covered
Whether you’re searching for your dream home or getting ready to sell, you’re not alone when you partner with a Realtor from The Landings Company. We are better equipped to match your house with the perfect buyer, we know our real estate markets better, and we will help you get the best value for your home.
Our realtors guide you throughout the buying and selling process. They are a resource you can reach out to for years to come. In fact, most of our buyers said they would use their agent again or recommend them to others.
Now that you are equipped with some questions to ask, it’s time to meet the knowledgeable agents at The Landings Company, and review the luxurious and well-appointed homes for sale in Savannah in The Landings community.