At The Landings on Skidaway Island, we understand that joining a new community is a big step, that’s why we created the New Neighbors Program at The Landings. The New Neighbors Program can help you to make new friends in our community and gives new residents the opportunity to get involved with countless group activities around the island.
If you are anxious about moving to a new community and being able to make friends and find people with similar interests … fear not! The Landings has that covered! The New Neighbors organization, which is led by a 16 member board and over 65 activity chairs, has something to offer everyone from sports activities to gastronomic experiences and tours that will help new residents learn about the new place they call home.
Regardless of your special interest, whether it is games, local tours, the arts, sports or dining, you can find your place at the table, on the bus, on the course or on the court! There are ladies’ activities, men’s activities, and couple’s events. So, whether you are married or single, retired or still working, there are plenty of opportunities to meet people and make friends. Choosing between all the activities that you will want to participate in will be the hardest part of getting involved!
Here are just a few of the various groups within New Neighbors:
- Biking: Bike the island with fellow New Neighbors
- Book Groups: Expand your mind through books, conversations, and new friends
- Community Service: Pay it forward by helping some of the less fortunate in your new hometown
- Dining Out: Enjoy an evening out at some of Savannah’s finest restaurants
- Discover Savannah: Take day trips to the Port, Savannah College of Art & Design, and make other interesting discoveries around Savannah
- Chef’s Secrets: Embark on a wonderful culinary journey by exploring Savannah’s finest cooking schools
- Historic Tours: Explore the area’s historic and cultural sites with other New Neighbors
- International Group: Enjoy an evening at a New Neighbor’s home with others who have lived abroad
- Ladies Lunch Bunch: Savor a fabulous lunch with the “girls” at local restaurants
- Needle Arts: Enjoy an afternoon of creative stitching with new friends
- NN On The Water: Take boat trips on our waterways and enjoy a meal at some fun locales along the water while you experience some of Georgia’s 2,000 miles of tidal shoreline
- Walking Group: Join in for a brisk 45-minute walk, taking in the beauty of our island and making new friends
- Wild Women: Investigate Savannah’s festivals, special events, and other happenings
Check out the complete list of New Neighbors activities and groups or learn more here. And schedule a Discovery Visit today so you can be one step closer to experiencing this amazing group.