Top Ten Reasons to Relocate to The Landings
The pandemic is making many people reconsider their options when it comes to where they live. As company policies about working remotely have changed, the idea of relocating is much more realistic and achievable.
In particular, people living in densely populated cities are realizing that moving to a quieter, less populated area is not only a good idea for health concerns related to the pandemic, it’s a great way to get more living space at a lower cost and be closer to nature.
We’ve seen a surge in new families moving into our community from all over the country—and it’s easy to see why. Here are the top ten reasons that we hear from our residents about why they chose The Landings:
- The People. Families of all sizes and ages live at The Landings. You’ll find multigenerational families that have lived here since the community was built in the 1970s. We have retirees, working adults, families with young children and everything in between. We hear stories from residents all the time who grew up here, then moved away for job opportunities or family obligations, but returned to The Landings because they know there’s really no other place like it.
- The Peace of Mind. The Landings is a private, gated community, which means it is extremely safe. It’s not unusual for kids to jump on their bikes, wander our hiking trails, or go fishing in our lagoons without worrying about their personal safety. Families can live here with peace of mind.
- The Lifestyle. The Landings Golf & Athletic Club offers a wide range of world-class amenities to stay active, stay fit and have fun. We have golf, tennis, pickleball, croquet, bocce ball, a state-of-the-art fitness and wellness center, indoor and outdoor pools, four clubhouses and seven unique dining options. You will never have trouble filling your days as a Club member.
- The Links. Speaking of golf, the Club offers six championship golf courses designed by such masters as Arnold Palmer, Tom Fazio, Arthur Hills and Willard Byrd, all within one cart ride. You won’t find golf like this anywhere else.
- The Community. The Landings is a caring, connected community of people who welcome newcomers with open arms. As our residents love to say, “Pull up a chair, we always have room for one more at the table.”
- The City. The Landings is a short 20-minute drive from downtown Savannah with all its historic charm, gorgeous architecture, vibrant arts scene, amazing restaurants and of course, southern hospitality. And beyond all the fun, Savannah offers first rate healthcare and an easily accessible airport, making it the perfect place to live.
- The Savings. Georgia is extremely tax friendly, especially for retirees. Georgia does not tax social security retirement benefits and it allows a generous deduction of $65,000 per person on all types of retirement income for anyone 65 or older. Seniors even qualify for deductions on their property taxes.
- The Wildlife. The Landings was the first certified sustainable community in Georgia, by Audubon International. Through maritime forests and coastal salt marshes, you’ll see a plethora of plants and animals who call The Landings home.
- The Coast. Located on Skidaway Island, The Landings is a beautiful, natural island setting overlooking picture-perfect marshes, lagoons and waterways. Two deepwater marinas let you venture out on the intracoastal waterway to give you a stunning view of the island.
- The Care. The Landings has stepped it up through the pandemic. We’ve found ways to support the community, implemented social distancing and sanitization measures and have done everything we can to keep each other safe and healthy.
So we may be a little biased, but we truly believe The Landings is the best place to live and retire in the southeast. We invite you to come visit so you can experience it for yourself. Schedule a Discovery Visit or browse our homes for sale today!