The Five Best Things about Pickleball
Pickleball is the fastest growing sport in the country, and here at The Landings Golf & Athletic Club it is no exception. Tuesday nights are league play nights, and they are by far the most popular nights at our Franklin Creek Tennis Center.
We asked our pickleballers their favorite thing about this game and here’s what they had to say:
- Camaraderie: What’s more fun than playing a game with your friends? Don’t have any friends who play pickleball? No worries. Head over to Franklin Creek on Tuesday nights or participate in one of our clinics. You’ll be welcomed with open arms and make new pickleball friends instantly!
- Exercise: Pickleball is a fast-moving sport that is relatively low impact. You don’t have to run around the court and on a beautiful spring day, you can enjoy the added benefit of being outdoors. In a recent study by Western State Colorado University, it was found that after playing three times a week for an hour over the course of six weeks, participants saw improved blood pressure and cardiorespiratory fitness.
- Fun: With good friends anything can be fun, especially pickleball! A Japanese study found that pickleball was associated with lower levels of depression. Pickleball gets you moving, lets you play with friends and makes you happier. How could it not be fun!
- Introducing the game to family and friends: Pickleball brings joy. What is better than sharing that joy with your friends and family?
- Competition: Our members continue to bring home competitive pickleball medals. You don’t have to compete to enjoy this sport, but it is certainly a bonus. Club member Janet Eastwood named her friends and mentors as the reason for her success in competitive pickleball. “They want me to succeed at being the best I can be and at challenging them as well!” says Janet.
If you’ve never played before, we make it easy to pick it up! In fact we have four PPR certified pickleball instructors on staff who are happy to teach anyone regardless of their prior experience, athletic ability and fitness level.
Did you know that when you make a Discovery Visit to The Landings, you get full guest Club membership access for the duration of your stay? Schedule your visit today and come join in the fun. We can’t wait to meet you!